Sunday, February 5, 2017

Our Beautiful World !83 ~ Yummy

I love cooking and baking, so my photo folder has tons of YUMMY photos....


like these short bread cookies Dolce and I tried during the holidays.....


extra YUMMY if you top them with royal icing.


speaking of cookies with royal icing, the last trip I went to London, we visited Biscuiteers at Notthing Hill....


I just had to buy this even though it is overly expensive, it is YUMMY though


these bagels are my first try in January... they are YUMMY too! We had them with smocked salmon, super YUMMY!


These are Bakkwa, also known as Rougan, is a salty-sweet dried pork, they are considered delicacy when I was growing up, people have them only in Chinese New Year, the price could go up to $60 a kilogram during Chinese New Year in Singapore, but these days, people have them all year round, however, they still are very expensive during Chinese New Year. Since we are not allowed to bring in any pork product when we entered United States, so I never bring these home when I travel back to Singapore, the only place I can get is an online store in CA, but they are rather expensive too, so I made my own during Chinese New Year this year, they really taste YUMMY!

 

if you go to Starbucks with your puppy, don't forget to ask for a Puppicino, bet your dog loves it. "YUMMY!!!!" said Papi  

Do you have anything YUMMY to share, come join us at















14 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

I gained weight just looking at your YUMMY post! FAB photos, Kirsty!

Ros Crawford said...

You made those bagels? Wow! So many lovely treats here!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

All of it looks YUMMY!!! And I did NOT know that about Starbucks!! Will have to do that for Dandy next time! :)

Stella said...

Lovely photos Kirsty; and your bagels look delicious!

Contagiously Crafty said...

So much fun! I love each of your delicacies (especially that Peter Rabbit biscuit) and the fact that you did not forget Papi!

Adam said...

I didn't know they did that for dogs

Anonymous said...

mmmhhhhhhh- love the food!
Elma

Greta said...

Oh too cute--Papi with a Starbucks! Wishing I could come over & taste some of your cooking & baking, Kirsty--very impressive! The snowflake cookies are gorgeous!

Tieva-Design said...

Sooooo yummy photos... think I´m getting hungry ;o)
Gabi

Sylvia said...

You are making me hungry again, Kirsty....love all the wonderful foods, especially the cookies!

Audrey Pettit said...

Fun post, Kirsty! Your baked goods are amazing! Fabulous looking cookies and bagels and so fun to learn about the Bakkwa! You are just multi-talented, my friend!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

The short bread cookies you and Dolce made not only look yummy, but they are as beautiful as the one you purchased at Biscuiteers. I've never heard of Puppicino, so I'll need to take my dog with me next time I go to Starbucks. Blessings!

desperatehousewifecraft said...

You made Bak Kwa!!! Amazing! Share the recipe please, I haven't had it for sooo long. So good to see a fellow Singaporean card maker in Blog land, I haven't found many. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you! Did you Lo Hei this year? I had to make all the ingredients myself this year, but it still tasted great!

Denise van Deventer said...

Such yummy delights...your Christmas cookies look fabulous and I really love that rabbit biscuit too!