Friday, January 30, 2015

Project Life ~ January 7 to 10

Project Life 2015

January 7

We leave for San Francisco today, this time, we stay at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, 5 stars hotel is truly 5 stars, we were greeted with nice fragrance tea and yummy cookies.



the view from the 48th floor is awesome




we walked to China Town for our favorite Singapore Chili crab and I found a Daiso just close to our hotel, Daiso is like a dollar store in America, except it sells all the Japanese product, like the one I shopped in Tokyo and Singapore. I heard that LA has one too, I need to go there someday.



January 8

Today I woke up missing Papi a lot!



DH at work, I walked just a block from our hotel and had breakfast at La Boulange, yummy almond croissant and Macha Latte


for lunch, as usual, also Hog Island at Ferry Terminal





get our usual stuff - clam chowder 



this time we also tried their caesars salad and DH tried a shrimp grits, both were delicious




of course when we were there, no reason not to take a bit at Miette's french macarons, just the store itself is so pretty







January 9

We took the street bus to Fisherman's Wharf, taking public transport is one of my favorite thing to do when I travel.


Scoma's is where we had lunch


DH loves their fish



and I had their signature cioppino



I am glad the cable car die I ordered from PTI came in time for me to finish up my page


I was trying to get the same look of this cable car in San Francisco


after lunch, we went back to the hotel and pack, and then hop on the Bart  (another public transportation in SF) to go to Dublin Pleasanton, it was a 50 minutes ride. We picked up our rental car from there and drove to Bankhead theater at Livermore, CA - the main purpose of this trip is to watch George Winston's performance.


this little town is lovely, we walked around downtown area before concert started, and found a pretty good sushi place too (Roppongi Sushi)
scoma's




January 10

Home to see Papi, YAY!





18 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Aahhh what a nice holiday! I enjoy looking at your awesome photos. Mandarin Oriental must be fantastic there! Your PL album is beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

wonderful memories of a nice holiday
elma

Tieva-Design said...

Very yummy journalsites ;o)
Gabi

Sigrids kreative ART said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos. I love your PL-Page.
Sigrid

Juls said...

Fabulous pictures :-) xx

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos ... though I have no idea what some of that food is ...

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful to be able to put new memories into your rucksack Kirsty? Love your shots!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving these pages!! That cable car stamp is amazing! I love it!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I LOVE your PL posts, Kirsty! Your stories and photos are so wonderful. I especially love seeing SF, as that is my home stomping grounds. Your pages are beautiful! That cable car die set is just the MOST perfect touch!

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning photography and wonderfuo memories. Wow floor 48 that is seriously high. And I can see Papi is also missing you xxx
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Linda said...

Beautiful photos, and the tea looks really nice! :)

Greta said...

Oh what a fun post, Kirsty! Love your pictures--makes me want to visit my sister there & ride a cable car again! Totally adorable Papi pictures!

Stella said...

Your photos are always beautiful and it's always fun to see and read your PL posts. I wish we had such a dollar store here!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip from your photos, with lots of good eats and places to roam. However, it's always good to come home!

alexandra s.m. said...

How delightful Kirsty!
I love your PL pages and it's so funny, I'm working on my SF pages as we speak!
You know what, it's too funny, I was looking for that Japanese dollar store in Chinatown and you obviously had the best address! I would love to try the Mandarin Hotel next time!
Thank You~

Contagiously Crafty said...

It is always so lovely to see your pocket pages which show off your adventures. I'm glad the cable car die came too- that is a wonderful addition to the page!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a perfect trip. I just Love SF.. We are hoping to get to go there before we head up to Oregon. So many great shots my friend.

Hugs~

Denise van Deventer said...

Lovely PL spreads and beautiful photo's as always! A colourful and vibrant life! ;-)