Saturday, October 9, 2010

On my way back to Las Vegas...

When this post comes alive, I am on my way to Vegas, the last 2 days in New York was fun, like going back home, I still love and miss New York City a lot.
The highlight of this trip is to meet up with my Pixie Lauren, Lauren Bergold, that's is.
We met up Friday monring, had lots of fun chatting, had lunch and tea together, walked a lot in the city, visitng Camera Shop, Stamping Store, Cute little Soap place called Soapology, and Kate's Paperie of course, one of my favorite paper store while I lived on 57st of midtown Manhattan, I hope to share some picture tomorrow.

Here's my card for today, it is for the challenge over at

My first try on this challenge, it was fun (I made this before I left for New York, hope I still meet the dealine for the challenge)

Mission to Create # 27 is to
1. Use a cupcake liner
2. Use the color pink, blue and yellow
3. Use a bow
4. Use the word "Happy", "Birthday" or "Celebrate"
5. Stamping

You'll have to do at least 3 of the above mentioned, I covered 4 out of 5.


I have the color Pink, Blue and Yellow


I have "Happy Birthday" stamped on the ticket, and bows on the yellow heart edge punch


And I also have the swirly stamped on the blue polka dots DP, which in my opinion, was a mistake and realized it only when I took close up shots of the cards


Alright, it is no fun blogging from a tiny netbook at the hotel lobby, I'll be back for more when I get home.

If you haven't yet visit Pixie today, here's the LINK


16 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Aww... How fun that u got to meet Lauren & Lori!! Wish I could be there to join in the fun!! Any photos of the meet up? Hehe.

That card is out of the world, look at the details!! Oh mine I would have never thought of the ideas. That's ur forte! Love it to bits :)

Lynnda said...

Kirsty ...look at you huh.... what can I say... this card is simply jaw-dropping beauty... your ideas are fantabulous always... have a good one... me too love NYC!!!...xx

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Another gorgeous piece of art work. Sounds like a fun meeting!
Have a lovely Sunday, Kirsty xx

Unknown said...

Totally pretty Kirsty, love every bit and piece of it! It's more than perfect! Have a great Sunday, Ira x

Ros said...

Brilliant Kirsty ... looks like a winner to me ... have a safe journey

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous colours and embellies lovely punched edges....Stunning! ;)) xx

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Sounds like you're having a awesome weekend Kirsty!! Have fun!! ;) and your card is stunning...Love your take on the challenge!! :)

lauren bergold said...

oh my yes, that was a ♥FUN♥ day! when are you coming back??!?! (i'm gonna need GELATO...plan accordingly, ok?!?!) :)

this is GORGEOUS, kirsty, i cannot see a thing about it i do not ♥lOVE♥...including the stamping on the dots! (i had to really LOOK to see that it must be the flourishes you stamped...honestly, i thought it was part of the pattern of the paper so THERE!)

Unknown said...

so cute, you really live the scrapping life, doing cards on your trip. Good for you

Unknown said...

This is so full of yummy element.. It is wonderful.. all those layers are Fabulous..
So glad to here you had fun in NY.. Did I hear you say a camera shop... OOh that sounds like fun.. Hugs, Linda

Stella said...

I hope you're safe at home now and Kirsty this is gorgeous...You got yourself a winner :)
I love the romantic and soft look; you got a great feeling for elegant elements. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Really nice card...there's no place like home!!!

Janetcraft said...

so fun to see your card with something of the theme of 'sewing''alteration'..something different for a birthday card..love it!!

Lori said...

How fun that you and Lauren got to spend some time together! This card is inspiring! Love it - everything about it!

Sylvia said...

Your tag is wonderful, Kirsty. I am several days behind! that means it is Monday! But as always you have a lovely tag!

Deborah Marasa said...

love your card! thanks for playing along at MC!